I travelled safely to Seoul, Korea on Tuesday, May 8th and arrived here on May 9th. The long plane ride was a gift from God as I needed an excuse to just sit and do nothing after running around trying to get exams and packing into a very condensed amount of time. Jarrod greeted me at the airport with flowers and chocolate kisses - what a good idea... :)
It feels like a dream to be here once again, to experience familiar sights and sounds in the city.. share meals and fun times with sweet friends.. enjoy time to laugh and play without any worries or concerns... and especially to be with Jarrod.
I have been able to go to Jarrod's elementary school to experience his classroom and students, as they were on vacation last time I was in Seoul. I must say that I definitely felt like a movie star there. :) Jarrod has been telling the students for a while that I was coming, and so everyone knew my name and word spread quickly through the school when I showed up.
I was amused at the students during the breaks who would come to "check me out" and see who i was - they would peer in through the window and door - and i could only laugh.. so this is what it feels like to live in an aquarium!
Everyone has been so welcoming and generous to me, again, this reflects upon the reputation that Jarrod has built for himself, and it speaks of his character. I have definitely been blessed by and because of him.
It feels like a dream to be here once again, to experience familiar sights and sounds in the city.. share meals and fun times with sweet friends.. enjoy time to laugh and play without any worries or concerns... and especially to be with Jarrod.
I have been able to go to Jarrod's elementary school to experience his classroom and students, as they were on vacation last time I was in Seoul. I must say that I definitely felt like a movie star there. :) Jarrod has been telling the students for a while that I was coming, and so everyone knew my name and word spread quickly through the school when I showed up.
I was amused at the students during the breaks who would come to "check me out" and see who i was - they would peer in through the window and door - and i could only laugh.. so this is what it feels like to live in an aquarium!Everyone has been so welcoming and generous to me, again, this reflects upon the reputation that Jarrod has built for himself, and it speaks of his character. I have definitely been blessed by and because of him.

So.. the news...On Friday, after school, Jarrod and I took a motorcycle ride and ended up at Namsam mountain - a wooded mountain in the middle of massive city. I was immediately captivated by this place, as i was so used to countless people, city noise, and car exhaust.. and I found myself being led by Jarrod up and down a path through these woods that reminded me of woods i used to play in behind my grandmother's house in Virginia. There was fresh air, birds chirping, beautiful scenery all around us, and still an amazing view at times that looked out over the city. We walked for a while, and then Jarrod led me to a bench near a gazebo to sit down. He pulled out his Bible and we read it together, and then he began to speak to me...to my heart.. about me.. and us.. (for a long time..) as I was trying (unsuccessfully) to hold back tears. Jarrod then led me into the gazebo.. got down on his knee.. and asked me to marry him! Of course, I said yes! It was a perfect moment - one that will be etched in our hearts forever.. and we can't stop beaming.
We waited a few days to call home and share the news with our families... not necessarily on purpose, but I guess it just worked out that way. We have been so blessed by our families' responses.. and also by our friends here in Korea who share in our joy together. It has been "bitter-sweet" to be in Korea at this time, as we have missed sharing our love and joy with our families, with you all, in person - but we have also enjoyed being able to really let the reality and the fullness of our decision to sink in...and for us to come to this place together - without any other influences.
Perhaps now is not the time to discuss how I unknowingly brought the ring to Jarrod - or how he got it out of my stuff. So if you want to hear some more stories :) I know that I/we would love to hear from you and talk with you - I return to the States on the 20th of May - one week from today :( and Jarrod is always available by email or skype or telephone.
Perhaps now is not the time to discuss how I unknowingly brought the ring to Jarrod - or how he got it out of my stuff. So if you want to hear some more stories :) I know that I/we would love to hear from you and talk with you - I return to the States on the 20th of May - one week from today :( and Jarrod is always available by email or skype or telephone.
I am so glad to share this news with you all!
{{HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!}}

3 comments:
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CONGRATULATIONS, STEPH! i am so very happy for you guys... couldn't be more thrilled. i'm already making up my list of questions for you (for tomorrow!) hehe...... the ones jody and i didn't think to ask you guys on saturday.
may God prosper you two and may your marriage bring eternal fruit.
i LOVE you so much and i praise God for the opportunity we have had to share our engagements here in korea. pretty awesome. :)
God is good to us, friend.
YEAH!!!!
We are excited for you!
Please come over and tell us all the details!!
Love ya
Crystal and Eric
I love you!
Post a Comment