Sunday, August 3, 2008

Graduation in UVa's Rotunda

The time has finally come... drum roll please......Stephanie is GRADUATING from Nursing School!!! Woo-hoos!My class threw ourselves a graduation ceremony, as - in the Thomas Jefferson tradition - we will wait until May 2009 to "walk the lawn" and go through UVa's formal graduation process. Our ceremony was in the famous Rotunda, marking the culmination of an incredibly intense 2 year program. I was honored to have my husband, my parents, and my in-laws all in attendance, cheering me on. :) They have been some of my biggest supporters these past 2 years, and it was so special to share this day with them. I am grateful to all who have helped me get through this program - with encouraging words, prayers, and even financial assistance... I am so thankful for the blessings you have been in my life to help me achieve this goal! I think back to the decision to start school and seeing how the Lord, in His provision, was opening doors for me to come to UVa. Now, I am able to look back and see His hand at work in my life - through all the ups and downs, trials and joys - and I praise Him for His faithfulness.
I want to say a SPECIAL thank-you to my husband, Jarrod, who has provided unending support in my graduate schooling.... for all those early mornings driving me to the hospital, preparing many evening meals as I wrote papers or came home late, proof-reading my papers, massaging my back, and all the other ways he has loved and cared for me in this time.
I thank my God every time I remember you... and I am confident of this, that He who began a good work will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus. Philippians 1:3-6

1 comment:

La Familia Garcia said...

Awesome pictures! Congratulations on the big accomplishment! I bet you are both glad this stage is over and ready for what God has next.