Jarrod started the school year at Community Christian School this past Tuesday. He is the homeroom teacher for the 7th grade, teaches 7-8th grade Civics, 6-8th grade Language Arts and Physical Education, and assists with the Middle School Bible class. Here is a picture from his first day of school - my mom sneaked in and took these pictures while Jarrod was taking his homeroom attendance.
After school was over, I surprised Jarrod by meeting him up at the school to see how his first day went. :) Needless to say, the smiles kept coming, and it is clear to see how happy he is in this setting. Some of the other teachers at CCS have shared with me what a natural Jarrod is at teaching the students and what a blessing he is to their school. I know that this year will hold many joys and challenges as Jarrod learns and grows as a teacher, and I am excited for him. 
After school was over, I surprised Jarrod by meeting him up at the school to see how his first day went. :) Needless to say, the smiles kept coming, and it is clear to see how happy he is in this setting. Some of the other teachers at CCS have shared with me what a natural Jarrod is at teaching the students and what a blessing he is to their school. I know that this year will hold many joys and challenges as Jarrod learns and grows as a teacher, and I am excited for him. 
I also began working at RMH this week, but my week was not nearly as exciting as Jarrod's.
I am just going through orientation classes - learning the ins and outs of the hospital and my nursing role there. It was so nice to be back in a familiar setting - and I look forward to beginning patient care once again. Until then, I am actively studying for my board exam (which I will take in a week and a half!) and continuing the orientation process.
I am just going through orientation classes - learning the ins and outs of the hospital and my nursing role there. It was so nice to be back in a familiar setting - and I look forward to beginning patient care once again. Until then, I am actively studying for my board exam (which I will take in a week and a half!) and continuing the orientation process.With all of these changes and our new places of employment - it is important for us to be mindful that our goal is not to please our employer. Yes, obeying institutional rules is very important - but there is a higher authority that we cannot forget. Colossians 3 exhorts us to remember that in "whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know that you will recieve an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving." In remembering this, I realize that I not only need to show up for work on time, but to arrive clothed with "compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience", and in doing so - we are honoring the Lord. So, as we start our new jobs, it is our challenge and our delight to be Christ's ambassadors and to share His love through our actions and speech.
2 comments:
Hooray for new beginnings!!! That's so exciting-- thanks for posting pictures... good luck on the boards Steph, you'll rock them as usual. Love you both. <3 Shan
Congrads to both of you! I peeked at your blog through Brooks:) Stephanie thanks for the reminder about doing our best at work as unto the Lord and not unto man. That is so easy to forget and start focusing on the wrong things. I needed that. I'm honestly happy for both of you guys, may God continue to bless you in other areas of your life together.
vera
Post a Comment