Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Happy Birthday, Jarrod!!

We arrived safely to Maine on Monday afternoon and had a special Korean meal prepared by my mother - Bulgogi, rice and kimchi - to get us ready for some of the tastes and flavors that we will experience daily in Korea. Then she pulled out a huge cake from the freezer - and surprised Jarrod with another ice cream cake that she and Jeremy (my litte brother) made with love! Mom was thinking of her son-in-law and made it vanilla with a layer of caramel... but made half of it for her daughter... chocolate fugde brownie with a layer of hot fudge! Again, I was super impressed with the cake and realize I will have a lot to live up to for future birthdays... :) unless I can convince them to come to Korea to make Jarrod's birthday cakes.It was a special way to start off our time in Maine, and has thus far proved to be a very relaxing and much needed vacation.

1 comment:

May said...

Hi, I am a Korean and studying in U.S.A. I randomly visited your blog, and saw several words which are very familiar to me..(Korea, Bulgogi, and Seoul, and haha.. absolutly Kimchi, too)
My hometown is Jeju and it is very small island in Korea. if you have chance someday, visit there... you can feel freedom, fresh air, and many beach... nice to meet you!!!!!