It seems as though time is flying by -with every week marked by a growing baby! This picture is from the 4th of November. We passed the 20 week mark (this past Monday) and entered the second half of pregnancy. Jarrod has already been able to feel our baby move! We are excited about this addition to our family and eagerly anticipate his or her arrival! I am continually in awe of the miracle that is happening inside, as I read about and go through each stage of EVERYTHING that happens and goes into forming a child in the womb. I Praise You, Oh Lord, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made! Now, more than ever before - those words are held close to my heart. We continue to ask for prayers for the little one's healthy development - and praise Him that things have been going well so far!In the past few weeks, we have watched leaves change into beautiful shades of red, orange, and yellow; we got together with the other NICS schools in Korea for a "Fall Family Gathering" - a time of worship, professional development, and fellowship with the staff at all three schools;
AND we started basketball practice! Jarrod and I are both coaching basketball for YISS Junior Varisty Basketball teams... He is coaching the JV boys and I am coaching JV girls. It is a JOY to get to know these students and interact with them in a new way at school - a unique opportunity to serve them in this setting, but it is definitely time consuming! We have found that we get home late most week nights, only to wake up early and do it all over again. Jarrod coached basketball last year at CCS - but for me, it has been 5 years (since I was a senior in college!) that I coached girls... and it feels good to be back on the court. There is one BIG difference this time...
I am pregnant! And so I am constantly battling with myself on how much do I show/demonstrate/work with the girls verses how much I just give instructions. It is fun to come home and bounce ideas off of Jarrod and get his feedback and encouragement as well. Tonight (Friday) was our first game - and I can at least speak for my girls... they were NERVOUS! But all of our school's teams - JV and Varsity girls and boys - did very well and we left the gym with each team winning their game - what a way to start of the season! Jarrod and I were both very proud of our players!It is so easy to be busy... to say "yes" to the MANY opportunities to get involved good things - in school activities, spend time with friends, and still try to plan lessons and prepare for classes well. It is easy to focus on the here and now - what is going on around us - what is seen. It is easy to DO. Yet, I can't help but think of Mary and Martha.. and know that we are called first to sit at Jesus' feet, who is our source of life and strength. So, as I read the Bible and am renewed in focus, I am reminded in 2 Corinthains 4 and Hebrews 12 to fix our eyes on Jesus - the author and perfector of our faith - to know that we are being renewed inwardly day by day so that we are able to run with perserverance the race marked out for us, to not grow weary or lose heart.
It is my prayer, especially as we enter the busyness of the holiday season, that we are intentional to sit at Jesus' feet, to know how vast is His love for us - so that from the overflow of His love poured out on us we are able to love one another! 1 John 4
1 comment:
Thanks for sharing your thoughts! I wish we got to talk about stuff like this more often! Praying for your family!
Post a Comment