"We can't plan life. All we can do is be available for it. "
Since Marc's birth, my life is consumed with this little one - and my priorities... my to-do list... has drastically changed. Sleep, Eat, feed Marc, play with Marc, Sleep... Life is so much slower, as my world revolves around caring for this precious boy that relies 100% on his parents for life. While life as I knew it no longer exists, I love being able to devote all of myself and my time to him!
the loves of my life!
I am so thankful for the 3.5 weeks that Jarrod and I have had with Marc to bond as a family and rely on each other. Jarrod is such a great daddy! We still look at each other and marvel at how amazing it is to have a child, that he is OURS, and how our life will never be the same.
Today, we are awaiting the arrival of my sister, Denise, who will be visiting for a week (hence, the cleaning...). It is hard to believe the time has come, we have been looking forward to this for so long, and I am sooooo excited to see and share our life in Korea with her. When Marc was born early, she was so upset to not be here - but she quickly got a box together and sent us cute premie clothes for Marc to fit into (the dinosaur and dog outfits above are two of the outfits she sent) and was able to see her little nephew on Skype. I am glad to finally share him "in person" with one of our family members! It will also be nice to have an "experienced" mom around, just to give little tips and encouragement to us first timers. :) More pictures coming soon... with Denise!
2 comments:
Marc is a beautiful baby... Pictures don't do him justice. I am so glad we got to spend the time together we did and hope that he remembers his "aunt neesie" when you come home for the summer. Parting is such sweet sorrow but there is hope because I can't wait to be together again. Thank you again for an amazing visit and I love you more than you know. You are a great Mom, Steph and Jarrod you are such a good Daddy. Thank you for letting me share in your life and have some great memories on this once in a lifetime trip!
So glad you could be here to experience life with us...and with our little Marc! He's thankful too :)
Post a Comment