Since moving to Korea last July, Jarrod and I have been hearing rumors of these special doctors to go visit... "Dr. Fish." Apparently, in Seoul there are special cafes where you can get coffee and desserts.. and then go visit the "doctors" - fish. What exactly do they do, you are wondering? How can fish take care of you? Well, these fish - perhaps cleaner fish? - eat dead skin off of your feet. Yes, that sounds gross to me, too... but after hearing about it from many of our friends.. I decided to check it out and take my mom there. This is a big deal because not only was I a little weirded out by the idea, but my feet are quite ticklish! It has taken living here for over 8 and 1/2 months for me to warm up to the idea enough to actually seek out WHERE a Dr. Fish cafe was located... really, I think I wanted to give my mother a unique experience, otherwise I don't know that I would have truly ever sought this out.
So, here are pictures from our "Doctor" Visit!The "doctors" are In...
As you can see above, there were two "tanks" of fish. We were initially considering these fish, above, but they were the "big fish" - which kinda scared me.. so we opted for the small fish... but there were so many more small fish.. perhaps a bad idea?
Enjoying our drinks.. and getting ready! Eek!
True Bravery! Not So Brave!


3 comments:
Do they(your feet) come out fresh and clean? I read or saw something about this on the tube recently. This is similar to getting nibbled on down at the river!
that is gross. I'm proud of you though for doing it! Something new and different!
haha way to be honest, Brooke
Post a Comment