We're home!... and we are thankful!
Shortly after arriving back here and checking out all of his toys, Marc celebrated his homecoming with a 3 hour nap! His mommy took a much needed nap, too. :)Thank-you for keeping us in your prayers! Marc's condition improved quicker than the doctors initially thought, and so we were able to be discharged to continue the road to recovery from home.
Here are some final pictures from our hospital stay:
Marc chewing on his IV cord despite many efforts to keep it out of his mouth...
good thing he doesn't have any teeth!
getting a nebulizer treatment... "full nelson" style
Needing sleep!
Marc's new IV... it only took 1 stick!
My sweet boys...
This experience was not easy. It was difficult to see my sweet son not feeling well, as well as being placed in this unwelcomed hospitalization. I was challenged by Paul's words in Phillippians 4 - to try to "be content whatever the circumstance" - even while sharing a room with *less than fantastic* roommates... that didn't speak my language, experiencing some *different* nursing practices, being incredibly sleep deprived from giving Marc 24 hour/day care, and spending nights away from Jarrod. I am a work-in-progress. But through it all, I can testify that we truly are given grace and strength to deal with whatever we face; to God be the glory.
"And my God will meet all your needs
according to His glorious riches in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:19
1 comment:
Praise God that you are home early and quick!! So happy to hear that my boy is on the road to recovery and that you got some sleep! It is so true that hospital stays are no fun... I know all too well. But can't imagine being in your shoes, in a healthcare system you don't know, worried about your son, and not able to communicate fully.. Hooray for only one stick. Answer to prayer. Grace for the moment and patience are some of the characteristics I was also praying for. To God be the glory that Marc made it through so well and I will pray for health for the rest of the season!
Post a Comment