Recently, Marc has been really in to Mickey Mouse. He discovered Mickey Mouse Clubhouse this summer (when we had cable in the house) and now has a few shows downloaded on our ipad. He often plays that he is Mickey Mouse, Mickey Marc, or Mickey Marcles... whichever works for him at the moment... and so we go around all day referring to him with that title. When I ask him what song he wants to sing - it is most often the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse theme song - which was Marc's answer last night.
I started: "M-I-C-K-E-Y!..."
and then paused for effect before I finished the spelling and got on with the song, when to my surprise Marc chimed in: "M-O-U-S-E!"
Jarrod and I looked at each other in surprise.
I didn't know if I should be delighted that Marc spelled his first word or dismayed at the amount of times we have sung that song (hopefully he knows it from us singing and not from watching the actual tv show). I sat there in disbelief that mouse was really the first word that Marc has spelled.
I immediately started spelling his name: "M-A-R-C spells Marc". But he was not buying it. He just wanted to finish the song.
And so we did.
1 comment:
Wow! He's growing up;)
Post a Comment