Monday, September 16, 2013

Potty Training!

Yes, that is right - today was the first day of officially potty training Emmalyn.  Our sweet 20 month old has been using the potty daily since the end of last month - but we have continued to put her in diapers and not really push or teach her to use the potty.  After over 3 weeks of watching her potty train herself,  I decided I needed to jump on board rather than see her lose interest in the potty and get used to being in diapers.

I am using the same 3-day potty training method I used for Marc (not following it exactly, but most of the principles.. let me know if you want more information!) and am hopeful that we will be ready to officially say Emmalyn is potty trained by the time her little sister is born (or really.. by the end of the week.. or the end of 3 days!)

So - after day 1, I am super optimistic!  After Emma woke up, I took off her diaper and from now on, she is no longer going to wear diapers during the day.  Emmalyn only had one accident all day (while I was cleaning up the kitchen.. and it was just outside the bathroom door!)... and she took herself to the potty and sat down when she had to go #2. ;) What a big girl!
Here is Emmalyn outside for the first time in "big girl" underwear. :)  She is getting the hang of it -- and even teaching her baby the same thing!...
...well, almost the same thing. ;)