Friday, November 1, 2013

Reverse Trick-or-Treat

Marc has had a keen awareness that Halloween was coming up - he remembered it as a fun time to dress up as some character (...I'm glad that candy wasn't necessarily associated with this memory!).  Since we didn't have any parties or plans to do anything that encourages dressing up - I began to think about what other options we could do that would be fun and out of the ordinary in Seoul.  
While my mom was still here, she got us a lot of delicious chocolate candy... and while I would've liked to consume it all.. I am no longer pregnant and need to see the numbers on the scale going down!  I decided that we would go "reverse trick-or-treating".
Marc, Emmalyn, Alaina, and I got dressed up, and with candy in hand, went to knock on our neighbor's doors to GIVE the kids candy.  It was fun for Marc and Emmalyn to dress up and visit our friends - and great to see the delight on everyone's face when the kids offered up hard-to-come-by candy.  Some even gave them candy in return.
 Trick-or-treat!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

i love it!! what a sweet idea :) Way to teach being a blessing rather than being blessed!! :)

Jody and Ruth Been said...

Great idea, Steph. I never did trick-or-treating when I was younger, but I love the idea of using every opportunity to give to others.

Love you!

Unknown said...

Great Idea!! So fun to see Marc in the stuff that we gave him (Scotties pants and the Mickey Ears)!! love you guys so much!

Unknown said...

How cute!!! Your mom's chocolate was the gift that kept on giving. Loved seeing the my li'l punkins having a great time (and that Alaina is losing her pumpkin color) ;a)
Love you all, mom puff