Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Saying Goodbye

Our final days in the States have been dedicated to spending time with family and friends, sharing what we are going to be doing in Korea, and PACKING.  It is a bitter-sweet time as Jarrod and I are looking forward to all that is to come, but so sad to leave our loved ones.  I also said goodbye to my car, the "cherry car", as my youngest sister nick-named it 5 years ago.  I am glad it is going to great new owners! :)  We spent some time cleaning it up before selling the car... and 19 months after our wedding, I was STILL finding left over decorations from those nameless groomsmen that took liberties on the car.  I don't know what that says about my previous attempts at cleaning the car out or just the creativeness of those who desired to.. bless us... in this way.  It was definitely the gift that kept... giving? :) Hopefully Mom and Dad Puff won't have any surprises.

Here are some pictures of more "RAFT building" events:

Fun times with friends - complete with a mystic camp fire... look at that pretty blue flame!
Puffenbarger family get-together at Massanutten, celebrating Brooke's birthday and one last family event to goodbye.  We finally got in our "girls night" that was planned since last March! What fun!

 Cole family fun: early birthday party, visiting with grandparents and my sister's family, and spending time together outside around the house!

 These are sweet memories that we will take with us and hold dear to our heart as we look ahead.  It is hard to say goodbye.  Jarrod and I fly out tomorrow - I can hardly believe the time has come, but we walk forward with the knowledge and trust that the Lord goes before us and with us and will give us the grace we need for whatever we face.  Please pray for us in this transition, as we deal with grief and excitement, nervousness and anticipation all at the same time!  Pray especially that we will turn to each other and most importantly to the Lord in this time.   You have helped us by your prayers. 2 Corinthians 1:11

No comments: