Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Seoul Soup?

This past weekend, a friend from YISS, Aimee, took me to "Seoul Soup" (that is what she told the taxi driver.. which I found out was really "Seoul Forrest" :) Who knew there was SO MUCH nature in the middle of the city?.. well I am not exactly sure where we were in the city, but you could still see skyline of city all around...I had a refreshing and wonderful time wandering through nature and breathing fresh air... we came to this crazy field of sunflowers all pointing the same direction - it was fun and a little scary to walk through.. there were LOTS of bees!We also had the opportunity to see some very domesticated wildlife, pretty flowers and an insect museum.. I could have done without the bugs.. but it was all such a great reminder of the beauty of this world we live in!
I am so thankful for this fun trip - to explore another part of the city. It reminds me of HOW MUCH there still is to experience, see, and do here in Seoul. We are really enjoying the experiences we are having with our time at YISS, but are also so very thankful for times that we are able to "get out" and see more of this incredible place we are living in.

1 comment:

La Familia Garcia said...

That's georgous! I'm so glad you have someone to do this type of girly things with! Cause I miss you! Hope you are well.