Friday, February 26, 2010

Ready or Not...

This morning at 3:25am, Stephanie suddenly woke up. "Honey, I think my water just broke." Are you serious? Could it be something else? Is it REALLY time? Can't we just have at least a week longer, a little bit more of a heads up? Later, when my thinking became a little more clear, I realized we are not working on our timetable, but on God's - on when he lets us know it's time to drop everything and go.
I tried to call our hospital but no response. Then I tried Kyung-Hee, Stephanie's companion in the nurses office. She is fluent in English and Korean and let us know we could ask her for help when the time came.. so we did. She graciously contacted the hospital for us, and then met us there. She was great to have with the translations/explanations of what all was going on during the initial registration.
Pretty soon after, we were able to see the doctor and get checked out. She advised us that we needed to wait (at the hospital) while monitoring his heart beat (and Stephanie's pulse), risk of infection, and letting some medications work on the baby since he is coming early. So that is what today has been- a waiting game. We did have a friend from school come to bring food/reading materials and company for Stephanie. So I slipped away to pick up a few items we left at our place and to throw in a load of laundry.
As I headed back to our apartment, I began to think about how this may be the last time I'll be at our place before I'm a father! A father? Me? Is this happening right now? I better hurry!
I quickly gathered the baby clothes we had waiting to be washed and then set them out on our drying rack. I had to take a step back and grab the camera and here's what I saw:


Is this the right house?
Ready or Not, he's coming!

3 comments:

La Familia Garcia said...

I can't believe it! Jarrod my heart is breaking not to be able to be there for you guys and be closer to wash the clothes for you and bring you a meal and love on that little guy! The only thing that comforts me is just knowing that God is taking care of your family and knows your every need. Praying that he will care for your family in big ways and somehow some way let you know that your not alone....even all the way across the world! We're praying for you guys!

Unknown said...

wow thats so cute- your son is lucky to have such a wonderful mom and dad that did all this in preparation for him- we love you all and know what great parents you will be- family is such a great thing - Im so glad you have the joy and honor of becoming a father- we miss you guys - we will be thinking about you and praying for you- love teresa, joe , and eston

Unknown said...

Congratulations on your miracle Marc Charles Puffenbarger!!! (I wish I knew how to say momma/daddy in Korean)The blessing of parenthood is now a reality!! Love to your new little family. MOM and DAD Puff