Friday, March 5, 2010

First days at Home

Today, Marc has completed 6 days of life on the outside... it is hard to believe that 1 week ago, I woke Jarrod up telling him that my water broke and we needed to go to the hospital. The seconds seem to creep along, but the days are already flying by. As I sit here late at night, holding this precious little boy in my arms - I am overwhelmed with the goodness of God, for such a gift as this -our son- and for the abundance of love and support that has been poured out to us even as we are half-way around the world from our family. This past week, I have wondered in awe of this beautiful creation, amazed at how natural it is to become a mother, and other times I have wondered if I am "doing it right" - taking care of such a fragile little baby -as I am by no means as "prepared" as I wanted to be - and yet in both circumstances I have seen how the Lord provides grace for such a time as this - just as He said He would. Our family and friends in the States have sent such messages of love and encouragement, prayers and petitions on Marc's behalf, and many congratulations - all that help us feel connected with loved ones far away. Here in Seoul, we have been so blessed by the friendships made and the YISS community that has pulled together and provided us with much needed baby items, meals, and even a ride home from the hospital (so that we didn't have to take a taxi). The picture to the left is one of all the YISS staff and friends that have come to visit Marc these first few days at home.

Friends: Wes & Yumi Leisinger with their son Ian (almost 2 months old) and Malia & her son Coby (17 days old) came to pick us up and escort us back home from the hospital on Sunday afternoon.

Day 1-3 starting from the top left and 4-6 from the bottom left. :)

Taking a Taxi to the US Embassy to make our little guy an American Citizen! Brrrr, it is COLD outside! We are pleased to report that our trip was successful as we filed the paperwork to report Marc's birth abroad and apply for his social security card and passport.

Jarrod has 2 weeks of paternity leave from school - and I am so thankful that we both are able to be here with Marc during this special time. He has been such a huge help, from making sure I eat and get some rest to cleaning, ironing, laundry, doing dishes... changing lots of diapers!, and loving on our little boy as much as possible. What an incredible husband and father! I am so blessed to know that Marc will grow up with such a Godly man who loves and cares for his family as his role model!

I suppose I better get some sleep now that Marc has finally closed his eyes... it is so so so hard to tear myself away from this little boy who loves to be held! So it is with a heart overflowing with thanksgiving to God for my sweet husband and son, for the love and support felt from friends and family both near and far, that I lay down now to rest.

Psalm 100
"Shout for joy to the Lord, all the earth.
Worship the Lord with gladness;
come before him with joyful songs.
Know the the Lord is God.
It is He who made us, and we are His;
we are His people, the sheep of His pasture.

Enter His gates with thanksgiving and His courts
with praise; give thanks to His name.
For the Lord is good and His love endures forever;
His faithfulness continues through all generations.
"
Amen!

3 comments:

La Familia Garcia said...

He's beautiful! I'll try to keep being thankful for your update and not be jealous of them holding my newphew! I love hearing what these first few days of parenting have been like for you! Hope to talk to you soon.

Cindy Gregson said...

Stephanie and Jarrod,
Baby Marc is just so beautiful, and we are rejoicing with you at his safe delivery. Tears come every time I look at your blog and read your words. The Lord is so faithful and kind. Please accept our congratulations and love, and we look forward to seeing you soon, as the Lord grants opportunity.

The Riggalls said...

Congratulations again, guys! He is so beautiful!