Tuesday, November 9, 2010

random...

Have you seen Toy Story? I love the part (really in all three of the movies...) where it talks about the meaning of how Andy writes his name on the bottom of his toys feet and they know they belong with him.
Well... check out Marc's foot!
That's right, Son - I've claimed you!.. at least while I still get to buy your socks! 

The other day (pre-hospital visit), I put Marc down to play in his room while I made his dinner.  After a minute or two, I went back in to check on him... and didn't see him anywhere!  Before I had time to fully panic - I spotted the little guy, playing under his crib! 











 ...remind me to clean better under there!


Marc has been on so many medications for this - his first real sickness.  And let me tell you, it has become a battle to get that stuff down his throat!  Tonight, I tried tricking him by putting it in a sippy cup instead of fighting to get it in his mouth with a syringe, and he drank it right down and was looking for more! Funny guy. I'll have to remember that...

Here is a picture of the med combination he was taking pre-hospitalization...

Check out the name on the bottles of unknown medications... (click the picture to enlarge) Marcpu? seriously?!...  that name might stick... poor kid!

Here are his post-hospital visit medications.. don't ask me what he is taking.... I can tell you what each if for and when he takes it, but that is it... 'cause that is how we roll in Korea.

Marc has been a trooper since we've returned from the hospital.  At home, he has had a slower recovery than expected.. but I think things are starting to look up! 
 
*love* snuggling with Daddy...

This picture was taken today - by far, the best day we've had! Now, if only he would go to sleep at nights... then I wouldn't be up writing random blog posts...  Before he went into the hospital, he went to bed between 7-7:30pm faithfully... and did pretty well sleeping until 7am.   Since we've been home, he thinks that his bedtime is now 1am... despite many attempts to get to to bed before that hour.  Any advice?

2 comments:

eric, crystal, kyan, kaide & kiptyn said...

you could try putting him down a half hour earlier each night, ie) 1230, 1200, 1130, 1100, etc till he is back to normal and just letting him cry it out :( :( - at least that way it isn't such a long stretch of crying ... glad he is feeling better!! and don't worry - as he gets better, so will other issues too ie) sleep!
Love you!!
Crys

Unknown said...

I love seeing our lil man. Thanks for taking the time to do these updates and when better than when you don't get to sleep! Can't wait to see the news of the new trick on the web!! Its coming soon!
Its true, once he is feeling better, he should go back to his normal routine, especially if you push him to... Good luck my sister. I am praying for your family to be rid of the bug!!
Love,
Aunt Neecie