I had very little time to process before Marc needed my attention to put him down for a much over-due nap. I started our usual routine, which is to sing him a couple of songs - including Jesus Loves me. And as I got to the second verse, the words hit me anew. I couldn't help but to cry as I sang... and at the same time be in wonder of where Me-me is now and how she could be looking down on us. I realized that I cry because it is my loss, and I will miss having her in this life... but for her - it is such gain, for she has traded a weak and sinful body that was struggling for breath for the awesomeness of God's holy presence. Praise God that this isn't the end of our story - but that we will be together again.Here are the lyrics of the children's song; it the hope that we profess in faith that God is who He says He is and He will do what He says He will do:
Jesus loves me! This I know,
For the Bible tells me so;
For the Bible tells me so;
Little ones to Him belong,
They are weak but He is strong.
Yes, Jesus loves me!
Yes, Jesus loves me!
Yes, Jesus loves me!
The Bible tells me so.
Jesus loves me! He who died,
Heaven's gate to open wide;
He will wash away my sin,
Let His little child come in.
Jesus loves me! loves me still,
When I'm very weak and ill;
From His shining throne on high,
Comes to watch me where I lie.
Jesus loves me! He will stay,
Close beside me all the way;
He's prepared a home for me,
And some day His face I'll see.
Yes, Jesus loves me!
Yes, Jesus loves me!
Yes, Jesus loves me!
The Bible tells me so.
We love you, Me-me!

1 comment:
Steph,
I am so sad to hear of your loss. I lost my grandmother when I lived in Korea, too. It's tough being so far away when you lose a loved one.
Praying for you, friend!
-Ruthie
Post a Comment