This year, we have decided it is a year to focus on self-control. There are so many areas this applies to - but for me, specifically, I want to be more controlled in three areas of my life: eating/exercise, anger, and computer time (so I'll keep this short!). One step toward this is taking a break from Facebook. Jarrod has joined me in support of this endeavor, and we are committed to being off of Facebook for at least 30 days... maybe more depending on what we think when next month rolls around. I am hopeful that we will find ourselves filling that time more productively. BUT for those I was playing games with where I logged in on Facebook, it looks like you are going to win. ;)
For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; and to godliness, brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness, love.
For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.
2 Peter 1:5-8
No comments:
Post a Comment