Friday, May 9, 2008

Family, Friends, & Fun!

I have been thoroughly enjoying time off of school - and have taken the opportunity to spend some time with family and friends around the state.
We first went to visit Jarrod's grandparents - and spent an enjoyable night with them, eating dinner on their back porch, catching up on family news, talking about the post office, and watching the Patriot. This was such a rich time of sharing our lives and showing love to one another. The next day we headed North to my family's house and joined my parents and Christiana - as well as Denise, Peter and Stephen - in cheering for one of Caleb's final soccer games for his high school. I must say that Stephen - at the age of 2 - is quite the fan! :) The team played hard, and it was fun to watch my brother as a big bad senior - I can remember him as a little boy running around the soccer field. How time flies! (Thanks, Denise, for the great picture!)

I was also able to travel to Northern VA and visit with my best friend, Natalia, and her family - and then spend the afternoon with my grandparents reminiscing on our family history. I missed Jarrod during the last two visits as he was working hard in Charlottesville - but was so glad for the opportunity to reconnect and have time together with those I don't get to see very often. School is already threatening - as the time off is going by so quickly - but this summer is my last semester - and I'm holding out for August 1st when I will be officially DONE! Until then, I am taking it one day at a time, enjoying those around me, and trusting the Lord for the grace to make it through.

"And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work. " 2 Corinthians 9:8

No comments: