Wednesday, January 28, 2009

SNOW DAY!!!

Yes. It finally happened.
This morning my husband was up EARLY - excited to find out that school was cancelled for our first official SNOW DAY. :)

(the view from our front door)

Although we both spent some time doing work from home, we did manage to get outside to...
be responsible.

Of course, we couldn't resist throwing some snowballs! What fun! Afterwards - Jarrod got the news from our friends (who obviously have connections ;) that school was ALREADY cancelled for tomorrow - and shouts of JOY echoed through our house...
Jarrod was really excited (and I was excited for him as well.... but sad that nurses don't have snow days. :) So, seeing as though it wasn't a school night any longer, our friends braved the weather and drove a whole 1.3 miles to share the evening together with dinner, a movie and games. :) What a nice break and rejuvenating time!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What a fun day we had...
Thanks for being my snow playmate. It brought me back to my childhood and I loved it! Oh, and great aim with those snowballs.. ;)

La Familia Garcia said...

Yay for snow days and playmates! I'm glad you guys were off together! Aahh..The joys of teaching. Cute pics too!

eric, crystal, kyan, kaide & kiptyn said...

so, I have been meaning to ask...how do you guys do those collage pics on your blog - what a great idea!

Looks like you all have been having a lot of fun - missed you last night Steph