Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Out and About

Yesterday evening, Jarrod and I took some time to explore the area where we live and visit some of the places Jarrod frequently went when he lived here. It has been fun to see both new and familiar places... and sometimes the experience at familiar places make it feel like new. ;) Here are some pictures from our excersions. (click on photo to enlarge)

Jarrod and I live about a 3 minute walk from the Han River, which is the main river that runs through the heart of Seoul, dividing it to a North and South side. As we were exploring, we were delighted to find an extensive bike/walk path that runs along the river under roads. There were frequent places to stop and exercise (as you see Jarrod demonstrating below!) along the way, and even courts for badminton! There was an older man hitting a tennis ball that was attached to a long string of rubber bands and a weight system, so that he would hit the ball and then it would come back to him to hit it again. Jarrod and I were fairly amused, and so this Korean man then offered it to both Jarrod and I to try out. We were not quite as... controlled... as he was - but it was fun and sure gave a work out! We are thinking about investing in bikes for future exploration to parks that are along the bike path, but for now - we are thankful for a refreshing place to step away from the chaos of city for a bit.

2 comments:

Dad said...

Hope that there are many bonding experiences there in this exotic place. We love you, sweetheart and Happy Birthday!

Jody and Ruth Been said...

I definitely miss Nolbu Budda-jjigae! So happy to see you guys are getting out and about.

Don't envy you, though. ;)
LOVE YOU. xoxo