"Let us consider how to spur one another on
toward love and good deeds"
Hebrews 10:24
For the past week my sister, Rachel, has been in Seoul to meet Marc and help out his mommy! :) This couldn't have been a busier week - and I was so thankful for an extra hand! Here are some pictures and brief highlights of our week together.
On Friday night, Rachel graciously babysat for Jarrod and I... we had the end of the year Sports' Awards Banquet, and Jarrod attended the 8th grade Gala. Rachel got to play with Marc and then snuggle him to sleep.. which I know Marc enjoyed!
In addition to spending lots of time with Marc and his mommy :) Rachel did get to have some experiences unique to Korea.. such as Dr. Fish! Yes, she was a brave soul - and joined Jarrod (also a first timer) and my friend Beth - to let little fish nibble on her feet. Apparently it wasn't so bad.. so they moved on to the bigger fish as well!
The bigger fish. I'm told they feel like cats licking your feet. gross.
We had some other fun experiences walking the Han River, Namdaemun Market, Insadong, and Gyeongbokgung (one of the palaces in Seoul). It was Marc's first time at these places, as well as his first bus and subway rides! Overall, it was a great experience taking him out - he did really well!
Rachel and I have not spent extended time together really since... 2003? After Rachel graduated high school and went off to college and then got married and started having babies.. and then I moved to Central America.. went to grad school.. got married... etc - life has just moved so quickly and left us waving at each other as we passed by during summer vacations or Christmastime.
This was such a special time for me.. and while it was fun getting out and exploring together - I really, really appreciated the unhindered time we had to talk with each other... for hours.. until I realized that we actually wanted to go out during the day!
This was such a special time for me.. and while it was fun getting out and exploring together - I really, really appreciated the unhindered time we had to talk with each other... for hours.. until I realized that we actually wanted to go out during the day!
My younger sister has grown into such a beautiful woman with Godly wisdom and is a huge source of honest encouragement in my life. She has shared some great parenting tips as a mother of two sweet children, but most importantly she continually points me to the Lord and in a gentle way, reminds me where my focus ought to be. I am so thankful that the Lord blessed me with such a sister - He truly works all things together for the good of those who love Him!
Love you, Rachel! Thank-you for taking time away from your precious family to travel around the world and share life with us in Korea. Can't wait to see you again with the rest of your family, soon!
*Virginia in TWO weeks!*
2 comments:
That is SO sweet! What a blessing it must be to have sisters! ;)
awww, ur so sweet!! i loved my time with you!! you are such a great mommy, i knew u would be:) and i love looking at pics now and thinking, hey i know where that is!! can't thank you enough for the experience of getting to know your little family and seeing the place that you call home. love you!!
Post a Comment