It is a bitter-sweet day: saying goodbye to our staff members and students that are moving on, but celebrating the completion of so many goals set back in August. This year I have learned that teaching is a difficult profession - because it is a job that is never done...
Until summertime. Working as a critical care nurse, I always thought teachers had it so easy getting 2 months off during the summer.. but really, it is because they work non-stop for 10 months and save it all up for one big chunk of time off. As a nurse, I worked hard, but left my work at my workplace. For (good) teachers during the school year, I seen and now experienced first hand how they spend countless hours at school.. their nights and weekends planning lessons, grading papers, coming up with different ways to impart knowledge to hard to reach students... when they leave their workplace, it doesn't stop! My stint as a teacher was short-lived, even more so with maternity leave this year, but my appreciation for those in this profession is forever changed!
To all teachers out there, THANK-YOU for your hard work! Now, enjoy this summertime - you deserve it!
No comments:
Post a Comment