Thursday, October 21, 2010

clean hands and a pure heart

Meal time has become quite an anticipated event.  When we put Marc in his seat - he is very excited about the fun new flavors he will get to try!  So far he has eaten green beans, peas, carrots, squash, sweet potatoes, and bananas... in addition to his rice and oatmeal cereals.  He loves them all!  He used to make a HUGE mess when he was being fed, but I think he has figured out he will get more if he actually gets it all (most) in his mouth.
I have figured out how to distract him with a spoon of his own, as well, so that he doesn't grab the one I am using and all the contents on it...

 ...And, I must say, he does well cleaning himself up afterward!


 My sweet son is an innocent reminder to me of Psalm 24 - which has been eloquently put into a praise song - and, even now, it is my prayer for Marc as he grows.

We bow our hearts
We bend our knees
Oh Spirit come make us humble
 
We turn our eyes
From evil things
Oh Lord we cast down our idols

So give us clean hands
and give us pure hearts
Let us not lift our souls to another

Oh God let this be
a generation that seeks
Who seeks Your face, Oh God of Jacob

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so glad that you are having a good time at meals!! He is so adorable cleaning himself! Can't wait to the day we will be together again and I can hold that boy!!!

Jarrod said...

That's our boy! ;)
You do a GREAT job with him, honey!