Friday, May 18, 2012

Breaking News!

I am so excited. Why else would I be writing a blog post at 6am?!  I won't keep you in suspense any longer than needed (especially since my bed is waiting for me to return to it) and I'll get right to the point:

Last night I put Emmalyn down to sleep around 6:40pm.  It was a little late and she was a little more tired that she should have been so she cried a little bit longer than I would have liked (which is not at all) but then she went to sleep.

At 10:15pm we were going to sleep - I opened her door so that I could hear her when she woke up.  She was sleeping so sweetly!

At 5:25am I woke and and noticed it is light outside... and then I thought, I haven't gotten up with Emmalyn at all yet!  Jarrod was getting up to go play basketball before work (crazy, I know - it takes dedication) and so I told him: "I HAVEN'T GOTTEN UP WITH EMMA YET!"
ok, I said it in a calm voice but I was jumping up and down and shouting inside...

We both quickly walked to Emma's room to make sure she was still breathing.
Hooray! She was laying in her bed a little crooked, dreaming about her mommy. Or nursing.
AND breathing!

Jarrod casually mentioned that this was a huge milestone and then continued to get ready for basketball/work.  But I couldn't go back to sleep since:
a) I was SO EXCITED
b) she must wake up soon, she misses her Mommy. Or nursing.
c) Jarrod was making some noise so she probably would wake up soon. no use falling asleep to have to drag my sleep-eyed self back into her room. I wanted to enjoy that morning cuddle with her - since we only get those 10 minutes together ALL NIGHT.

She did wake up. At 5:35am.  My bright-eyed self nursed her sleepy-eyed self for 10 minutes and she was asleep.  And while Jarrod left for basketball, I gently put her back in bed. She peeked her eye at me. Then both eyes. and then gave me a gorgeous smile. So I stared at her a bit to enjoy this amazing little girl that has blown away all expectations of babies, and left to tell you about it.

'Cause SOMEONE has to share my joy at 6 in the morning!

---
ADDENDUM: For those who want to know without getting insanely envious, Emmalyn woke up cooing at 9am.  Let's hope this is repeated tomorrow, and EVERY morning.

2 comments:

Daddy said...

That's my girl!

Hailey said...

That's great!!!