Before I was a Mother there were some things I was pretty sure I would never do...
Like sing alone in public.
If you know me... that is a HUGE one. While I love music, I have never promoted myself as a singer of any sort - more of a "joyful noise maker". However, if you were at the pediatric clinic in Soonchunhyang University Hospital today, you would have heard an exciting rendition of the Pororo theme song, Twinkle-Twinkle Little Star, and the ABC's all come out of my mouth without regard to who was next to me.. my only thought was: keep Marc happy and WITH ME since we are next to go in to see the Doctor and I didn't want to chase him while dealing with Emma...
I think the most shocking part of this was that it wasn't until I was driving home that I realized I performed a solo in the hospital today. Even though I was only encored by my son, I am pretty sure that the other parents were at the very least, sympathetic... and maybe amused... but I don't remember scaring anyone away from the little well-baby waiting room... Oh well...
There are other things I could write about (like counting all the stairs out loud, changing a diaper in unexpected places, not paying much attention to my own appearance..), but the bliss of nap time is now over and therefore any sort of reflection and musing must be put on hold. Until next time..
What do you catch yourself doing that you never thought you would do??
No comments:
Post a Comment