We still read a couple books at night - but instead of reading in a chair, we read laying in his bed.
We still sing the same songs about how much we love him, and how much Jesus loves him... sometimes with Itsy-Bitsy Spider or Twinkle Twinkle Little Star thrown in (Jarrod will sing a variety of songs.. I pretty much stick to the same ones). I always singing end with "Jesus Loves Me"... and depending on what time it is, I will sing anywhere from 1 to 4 verses of the song (thanks to a book Denise gave us, I have the whole things memorized), but end with a made up verse about how Mommy and Daddy love Marc that is most often this one:
"Mommy Loves Marc, Daddy, Too
Oh Marc Charles, We love you!
Emma loves you a whole lot,
So does Stephen, Shaun, and Scott.
Yes, Mommy Loves You,
Yes, Daddy Loves You
Yes, Emma Loves You,
and Jesus Loves you, too."
Now when I get to the "Yes, Mommy loves you" part.. Marc looks at his wall and starts naming all of his Pororo characters for me to include...
"Po-roro""
"Yes, Pororo loves you"
"Peh-y"
"Yes. Petty loves you"
"Hair-ree"
"Yes, Harry loves you"
...and so on, until he has named ALL of the characters.. sometimes he names a few of them twice..
and then we go back to Mommy, Daddy, Emma and Jesus.
Well. At least he knows he is loved. :)
1 comment:
That is too cute, Aaron started doing this during his prayer, he would pray for our family and sometimes adds some characters that he's sleeping with to pray for! OH and he even will said MARC and EMMA on HIS OWN this week WITHOUT ME PROMPTING HIM!
Post a Comment