This past week - we had an invasion of mosquitoes! While we knew they were around... thankfully, they have not been a huge problem for us. But the weather has quickly become cooler and the mosquitoes are seeking refuge indoors. I was definitely not expecting the 30 some we found in our house after an evening with our windows open (yes, we have screens on!... not very good ones, I guess). Good thing we have a handy bug zapper that quickly took care of those pests... definitely worth the investment!
Still, they keep coming and we (and by we, I mean - mostly Jarrod) have been waging war on the mosquitoes daily... but they managed to get our poor son while we slept.
I think I counted somewhere around 25 bites on his face (even his eye lids!) and arms after he woke up one morning. Thankfully, Marc's body and legs were covered by his CUTE jammies (picture to the left taken pre-bug bites).
So - while we continue the battle... we decided we needed some more protection for Marc while he is in his crib so that his poor Momma can rest and not worry about what is eating her son while we sleep!
Marc is such a trooper.. he still gives us his melt-your-heart grin all day long despite the awful red bumps. My motherly instincts have definitely kicked in and now I am constantly on the look out for those buggers! Mosquitoes - beware - this is war!

2 comments:
Love to see my boy! I miss you guys so much. Its really cute to see Marc in the McQueen jammies since both my boys have them too! And I love his "Prince" bed.. Better safe than sorry!
PS~ is that a little facial scruff on Jarrod?? How's school going for him and Nursing/A.T. going for you? Miss talking to you!
Poor little guy! That is soo cute that you guys are taking thins head on and fighting back!
Post a Comment