The other day I was doing dishes in the middle of the day (a rarity) and realized that I didn't have one or both kids hanging on me. I thought, "wow, Marc really is growing up! He is playing so nicely in his room all by himself... and Emmalyn is playing so nicely in there with him."
I kept doing the dishes. And it was quiet. for a little too long.
So I went check on them.
I flashed back to when my sister and I did the same thing when we were young - so I didn't get upset... I just told Marc "wow all of your toys are on your Pooh-bear tent! Ok, now clean it up."
It is a high price to pay for a few minutes of quiet.
(Note: I totally should have taken a picture of his attempt to clean it up.. a few books on top of a teddy bear and truck in one of the cubbies.. I was glad he at least attempted to clean up by himself!)

No comments:
Post a Comment