When we came home from the hospital, Marc was happy to have everyone around - and we all continued to enjoy Grandma's presence, especially as she provided many delicious meals for us and our freezer. We tried to get my mom out *some* (as much as possible with my limited movement! and a newborn) as we are always on the hunt to provide new experiences for guests. Since this was my mom's 4th visit to Korea since Marc was born, she had some places she knew that wanted to go - so this time we decided to let her DRIVE there. (Don't worry, she had an international driving license with her :) She did a great job in an unfamiliar city (with me or Jarrod as her navigation - I only allowed her to miss one turn when she said she knew where she was going ;).
She also got out with Jarrod to go ice skating, and then I was able to take her to a Korean BBQ (Kalbi) restaurant for a final "thank-you" meal.
But again, as this was her 4th visit (and with the timing of it) she kept insisting that she wasn't here for vacation, but to be a grandma - and that she was. Grandma was able to offer her arms to Emmalyn when she wanted to be held and rocked. Marc and Grandma bonded over morning snuggles and breakfast, many a story, and laughter as Marc entertained Grandma with his "funny" run (aka - get the wiggles out before bedtime).
It was sad to see her go (it felt especially short for me since I was in the hospital for some of her visit), and I definitely miss having her around. We are so grateful that she was able to take time away from her busy schedule and active family to be with us during these special days.
Thank-You for all of your help, Mom!!


1 comment:
This was so sweet and almost made me cry--(anything does)--but seriously, I love that since you're mom has been there so frequently, she was able to just enjoy your family! That must be a hard balance, but you guys really are the reason we want to go and see Korea, and I totally want to be there for your family too....anyway, your so blessed with your momma!
Post a Comment