Well. When she was born and he came to the hospital Marc mildly interested in the "baby" but mostly happy to see his Mommy again...
But then, we brought the baby home.
Mom came home - "yay!" running hug from Marc!
Baby came home... "hmmm.... maybe this will be okay? can I touch her? what does she do?"
"Look, I have a baby, too!"
As the days have passed... Marc's interest in the baby has grown... a little bit.
He likes to check to make sure she is still there and talk about her at the dinner table...
He is curious about what she does...
(in the picture below he is in the middle of saying "Em-ma!"
(in the picture below he is in the middle of saying "Em-ma!"
...and surprised when she makes a sound!
Marc is very interested in the new "toys" that have arrived along with this new baby,
and wants to try them out! (he doesn't know they used to be his!)
He has tried to share his toys and books with Emma...
and wants to try them out! (he doesn't know they used to be his!)
He has tried to share his toys and books with Emma...
... and is proud of himself for being so generous. :)
Maybe one of these days he will actually want to hold her. ;)
Marc has tried to climb into my lap when I am holding (feeding) Emma - and definitely still needs individualized Mommy and Daddy time... but overall, it has been a really smooth transition (so far!). I don't think I could for it to be going any better... helped immensely, of course, by Jarrod's presence at home for his two week paternity leave from work and my mom's help around the house! I think the real trial will begin when it is just me at home with both Marc and Emma... prayers appreciated!Tomorrow Emmalyn is 1 week old - can you believe it?! Where do these days go? I have been meaning to post this update for a couple of days now.. so here you go, before another one slips by as we try to soak in the moments (and sleep) as much as possible!




8 comments:
so cute :0
looking forward to seeing them both
Teresa Puff
Steph, she is beautiful!!! So, so happy for you guys. You will do great when Jarrod goes back to work- I was terrified about David going back to work, but it was fine. Praying for you!
Such sweet sweet moments. I'm sure you are soaking them up as challenging as they can be. Hope you are healing well and getting as much sleep as you can!
She is such a blessing as are you all! Thanks for the pics! Give everyone a big hug from us all! Love, Dad
Good job Marc! Your such a good big brother.
Happy 1 week birthday Emma . Hope to see you all soon.
Thanks for posting the update! I was wondering this too! As well as how Aaron will do. Right now the only thing he always says about the baby is "shhh..baby go ni-night."
When we 1st showed him picures of Emma and Marc, he would just point to her and say "Elmo?" But now he says Emma and Marc.
Marc will no doubt be a GREAT big brother and a great help to you when Daddy goes back to work! (or at least learn to be)
It's good to see all the pictures of Baby Emma and all of you. This is such a special precious time for your little family. She is beautiful, and I'm sure you will be fine when Jarrod goes back to school. We love you all and hold you in prayer.
So happy to see that Marc is taking to being a big brother so well!! That bottom pic of Emma is so beautiful! She is perfect! Can't wait to see her on Skype!
Marc is so silly! Love it that he has his baby in the "boppy" and is sitting in the bouncy! And its cute to see him watch her! Can't wait to watch him grow with her and in their relationship. Can already tell that he is going to protect her! What a wonderful thing! Eat up these tired moments and remember to be easy on yourself! They do get easier!! I love you Sister!
Post a Comment