Sunday, January 1, 2012

Welcome 2012!

Never before have I anticipated and been so happy to welcome in a new year.  Today I am 36 weeks along in this pregnancy, almost 2 weeks longer than I was when we delivered Marc.   It definitely feels like an accomplishment to get this far in our pregnancy :) and now we anxiously await the arrival of our newest addition.

There is so much potential ahead as we stand at the dawn of a new year - and I am truly excited to see what it will hold.  Jarrod and I spoke of resolutions last night, and the common - weight loss (post baby!), read this, do that - came up... and I smiled and said "my goal is to survive a newborn and the terrible twos at the same time..." - which is definitely true - but I realize that this year can be so much more than that, and that my life is about so much more than just survival.  I hope to find teachable moments with Marc, to share with him God's love, to model for him how to be kind and patient with others, and to let him know and rest in the security of his family's unconditional love for him.  I hope to selflessly pour out my time and energy to care for our daughter, to meet her in her basic needs and let her, too, feel secure, loved, and cared for.  I hope to be patient with my family, to let my husband know in tangible ways how much I appreciate him, and to stay connected with loved ones near and far.   I hope to "bloom where I am planted" - to make the most of this season on life, and this place I am living in.  I hope this blog will be a record of these things - so much more than survival, a great adventure with laughter and tears, frustrations and great successes.  Above all, I hope this year to draw near to my Savior, to seek Him in His Word, in prayer, and in the world around me - and bring Him glory for the great things He is doing.

May this be a year in which you seek God's face, and find Him.  May you grow as a person into the goodness and love that you were created for.  May you live in light of God's grace and bring Him honor in all you do.

We wish you a very Happy New Year!

No comments: